Cross-functional project teams
- To prepare, execute and communicate a project on $COMPANY’s behalf.
- To broaden the experience and the intra-company network of participants
- To provide management experience to people who may not have a management responsibility in their day job.
What makes for a good crossbeam team
As any crossbeam team, a cross-functional project team has a diverse membership
- 5-8 members
- each member is from a different function
- at least two, ideally three different levels of people represented
- no two people that report to each other
- the team reports to an executive sponsor who acts as a mentor but does not participate in team meetings and work.